About LED Light Therapy
LED (Light Emitting Diode) Light therapy is a safe, non-invasive treatment that requires no surgery or chemicals. It uses specific wavelengths of light that penetrate down to the dermal layer of your skin, stimulating the cells, which in turn increases the production of collagen and elastin. It is quickly becoming one of the safest, quickest and most affordable ways to achieve younger, more vibrant looking skin.
At Zapps, Red, Infrared and Blue lights are used. The LED light is held gently against the skin with special attention to problem areas. Each treatment takes approximately 20-30 minutes and is extremely relaxing. It requires no special post treatment procedures.
LED light therapy Results & Benefits:
- Improves skins radiance and firmness
- Firms skin (lifts aged and tired skin)
- More consistent skin coloration and complexion
- The photons of light energy enter areas of hyper-pigmentation and destroy the melanin, which is gradually absorbed by the body
- Increases moisture retention
- Increases circulation
- Promotes collagen production for plumper, more youthful looking skin
- Increases oxygenation and restoration of the skins natural cellular activity, which keeps skin renewed and fresh
- Increases lymphatic system drainage which detoxifies the skin tissue for the healthy look and feel of young skin
- Attacks the bacteria that causes acne (P. acnes) thereby reducing breakouts and reduces inflammation in existing blemishes
- May reduce sebum by normalizing the skin thereby helping control acne breakouts
- Provides temporary relief of minor muscle and joint pain, arthritis and muscles spasms relieving stiffness; promotes the relaxation of muscle tissue; and temporarily increases local blood circulation where applied LED therapy has no reported side effects.
- Treatments are gentle, painless, safe, non-invasive and non-abrasive. Step-by-step treatment techniques are used with specific lights to cover the skin areas to be treated.
- Treatments take about 30 minutes. After original series, localized treatments of 20-30 minutes can be administered.
- Maintenance treatments are important in order to maintain visible results. Usually once a month is recommended.
- Series: 6-8 treatments one week apart depending on age and damage to the skin. It may be 12-16 weeks to see maximum results.
- For even greater results, LED light therapy can be combined with Microcurrent Therapy.
- Precautions/contraindications: steroid or cortisone injections, pregnancy (consult physician), epilepsy, and thyroid condition (consult physician) and/or photo-allergic or taking any medications that may cause light sensitivity such as tetracycline.