About Microcurrent Therapy
At Zapps we use the Jeunesse Microcurrent System, which is a low level current device intended to provide skin lifting, rejuvenation and healing by applying low level electrical current through metal electrodes or conductive gloves to the skin. The electric current delivered follows and compliments the ranges of the body’s own electrical current. It is non-invasive with few, if any, side effects and no downtime.
A conductive gel with firming and hydrating ingredients is applied to the skin. Then conductive electrodes (massage gloves or metal probes) are used to deliver the current to your skin- just like receiving a facial. Specific movements are used on the face and body to work in conjunction with the muscles to provide lasting results.
Microcurrent Results & Benefits:
Has been successfully used in the treatment of non-surgical face lift, TMJ (Temporomandibular Joint Disorder), pain management (muscle spasm, sciatic pain, phantom pain, numbness/tingling, back and disc pain) as well as depression and fluid retention by:
- Providing gentle electrical stimulation to trigger the body’s natural skin enhancement of chemicals at a cellular level by assisting our body’s own tiny electrical impulses to regain their normal flow of electrons (necessary for all healthy cells).
- Visibly firms and raises the facial features ie: jowls, eyebrows. Re-educates the muscles for lasting effect.
- Triggers the body’s natural production of collagen, elastin and ATP (production is increased by approximately 500%). The combination of the substances provide for the “lifting” and “holding” effect of facial rejuvenation. Clinical studies at the University of Washington indicate:
14% increase in natural collagen production
48% increase in natural elastin
38% increase in blood circulation over course of 20 days
- Improves the absorption of nutrients, oxygenation, ion exchange and the elimination of waste products through better lymphatic drainage.
- Improves body’s homeostatis, increases natural healing ability and relieves inflammation by increasing lymphatic drainage.
- With a series of treatments your skin quality and firmness will give you a more youthful appearance.
Microcurrent can also be used for cellulite reduction, body sculpting and massage therapy. It has been used to treat stroke victims and those who have suffered Bell’s Palsy as well as by medical practitioners and professional sports teams worldwide to speed up the healing process of wounds.
- There is no recovery time, the current is sub-sensory, therefore pain free, and can be used in combination with your current facial or body treatments such as microdermabrasion, peels, LED therapy, oxygen infusion etc.
- Enjoy a series of treatments to reach your desired results. Your skin will be analyzed to determine how many treatments will be needed to obtain the results-common are 10-20 treatments depending on skin damage and lifestyle. Treatments last 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Upon completion of your recommended treatments, maintenance treatments are recommended to retain your results and enhance your new appearance of revitalized skin, diminished fine lines and wrinkles, improved texture and elasticity. Approximately 1 time every 3 months is recommended.
- For even greater results, Microcurrent Therapy can be combined with LED light therapy.
Precautions/Contraindications: pregnancy, epilepsy, electronic implants, cardiac conditions, metal implants, open lesions, vascular diseases, cancer/AIDS, thyroid problems, inflammatory conditions, recent accident, illness (cold/flu), enlarged lymph glands.